Thursday, July 2, 2015

Kite Fest - Georgetown, KY


Here we are in Georgetown, KY on this beautiful sunny Sunday April 26th!  The Georgetown Rotary Club puts on a Kite Fest every year.  This year marks the "15th Annual Georgetown International & Cultural Kite Festival". When I sent off my email asking if they had a Kettle Corn vendor, I was certain that I would hear they were all set.  Nope!!  I'm in! Since we are new to the kettle corn business I get really excited when I get into annual events!  Especially great events like a Kite Fest.  Who doesn't enjoy seeing hundreds of kites flying high, kids running around having a blast and seeing families spending quality time with their kids? That being said, my 2 year old daughter was at home with my wife and I am here working. (insert sad face here) Aside from that, I have been looking forward to this event for a while.

So... Saturday it is pouring down rain and the event is rained out.  (Insert another sad face here)

Sunday!  A beautiful day!  Kite fest starts at Noon and goes till 5pm. 

Along with kites they had other entertainment.  They had some live bands, dancers, etc.    

It is a very nice event.  The wind was perfect for kite flying.  

I often think about my daughter when I am out popping corn and missing her.  This was definitely one of those moments.  I saw an Ariel kite.  My daughter loves princesses and loves Ariel.  I really wish she was here with me. 

There were hundreds of kites that went up.  Not all of them came down. A few got caught in some power lines.  😩 I feel bad for the kids that lost their kites.  It really was a great day.  

Overall we did well and had a nice time. I hope to be a part of this event next year. Maybe in 2016 the weather will cooperate with us and give us two days of kite flying & kettle corn selling. 

For more information check out the Georgetown Rotary Clubs website for kite fest at www.kitefest.com

Thanks!

Mitch


No comments:

Post a Comment