Thursday, July 2, 2015

Jessamine County Youth Baseball


Well.  I hate to see Spring baseball come to an end.  I really enjoyed being out at the ball fields, meeting so many great people.  I really want to thank everyone for welcoming me and being so nice. With the exception of two kids,  I have come to the conclusion that Jessamine county people are genuinely nice people.

I did have two, not so nice kids, saying not so nice words, trying to cause trouble. One climbed under my table while the other grabbed a bag of my corn and proceeded to run off. About 25 feet from my tent I caught up with him and retrieved the bag of corn. I think he was surprised to find out that crime doesn't pay.  Hopefully he learned something from the whole ordeal. 

I had the pleasure of meeting the owner of Papa Murphy's Pizza in Nicholasville.  He is a somewhat quiet guy but was super nice to me as a new business owner.  If you are in the mood for pizza. Consider visiting his store and supporting us small business owners.

I also met some friendly people from Zaxby's.  Danica the Manager of the store is super sweet! I felt sorry for Little Zack on those hot days.  I have been inside one of those costumes before and let me tell you, it is not cool. It is a blast entertaining people, you can be as silly as you want to be and no one knows who you are. You have to be careful, if you don't have an ice vest on, on hot days you can quickly overheat inside those costumes.  Zaxby's had a meal deal that I couldn't pass up.  A chicken sandwich, bag a chips, cookie and a drink for $5.  So I knew I was good for lunch as soon as I saw them arrive and unload the tent!    My family and I loved Zaxby's prior to this and meeting such nice people just increases the amount of love we have for the Nicholasville Zaxby's.  I'm sure the Lexington Locations have nice people too, but the Nicholasville staff will be hard to beat.

I think there is one more tournament in July, and I plan on making it out for that.   

So the tournament happened before I had a chance to publish this blog. Again I met some extremely nice people from all over Kentucky.  Kettle corn sales were down though.  There was a decent turnout for the tournament but there are definitely more people during the regular season. I think this is due to them charging admission to watch the tournament games. Oh well.  It was a beautiful day. Live and learn. Next year I won't be doing the tournament games. 

I appreciate the opportunity that JCYB has given me to be a part of this years Spring Ball.  Maybe I will see you next spring!  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment